DJ Life Video Series with David Lee
Presented by DJ Life Magazine, this series features BASSBOSS Designer David Lee sharing tips and tricks on getting the most bass in your life.
Shopping for Subwoofers
A variety of crucial factors that go into making a good subwoofer-system purchase.
- How to understand your needs, as it relates to sound, transportation and price
- Which genres most require subwoofers & why
- The choice of Low Vs. Loud
- Why continuous power is more important than peak power with subwoofers
- Why you want a flat frequency response
- How to fill the space with bass
- How to plan for your use-case scenario and avoid companies selling “magic specs"
Studio Setup for Subs
- Recognizing reflection points in a studio, like a desk, wall or ceiling
- How acoustical treatments can help minimize problems
- The phenomenon known as “cabin gain,” and how it impacts frequency response
- The use of “bass traps”
- How to maximize sound through the placement of subwoofers
- Why reflection is the biggest issue in a small studio, and how to best mitigate